Sooooo, I was going to create a video talking about what sellers can do to improve the value of their houses while staying home.... But my face is sunburned... yes, that’s the cost of being outside for 5 hours yesterday, no regrets though.
As a result, I’ll be just doing a post, not a video 😉
If you are thinking about selling your house, but not sure if right now is the best time (for obvious reasons), there is so much you can do to make your house look super attractive for buyers. And once we can have our lives back, you and your house will be ready.
Btw, I just sold my house in one day using some of the techniques that I’m about to share.
Here we go:
1. Invest in fresh interior painting where needed. It doesn’t mean you have to repaint the whole house, but may be some rooms that need it the most? If you can do the work yourself, the supplies won’t cost you much.
2. If you have carpets, consider putting new ones. Fresh brand new carpet will always impress buyers. It will cost you some, but I have no doubts that that expense can be easily recovered.
3. Invest in new set of towels: bathroom and kitchen as well as shower curtains. It DOES make a difference.
4. Declutter... It will take time, more then you actually think (multiply your planned time by 2). Leave all surfaces as empty as possible. May be sell some stuff, give away to friends and family or donate?
5. This one is a big one: Clean, clean, clean... Make your house sparkling clean. If there is nothing else you can invest in, I would say that cleaning is the most important. No one wants to come into a dirty house. Moreover, for some people it’s a dealbreaker, they just can’t look pass the mess.
There are so much more tips and tricks, but I would start these 5 for now.
If you have a house to sell, I’ll be happy to look at it virtually or in person (by appointment only during the virus times) and give you advise on what you can do to make your house ready for the market.
Please reach me with any questions!
Stay safe and sane.