I repurposed the citrus lights from last night's Earth Hour 2020 to make a simple and effective 2 ingredient non-toxic cleaner.
You will need:
1. A clean glass jar with lid
2. Citrus Peels (I used orange, but you can use any citrus such as mandarins, lemons, grapefruit, or a combination, it's up to you)
3. Vinegar (I used white vinegar, but any vinegar will do)
1. Place citrus peels into glass jar
2. Add white vinegar to cover citrus peels
3. Pop on lid
4. Leave for 2-3 weeks on your kitchen bench at room temperature
5. When ready, strain liquid into a spray bottle. Ready for immediate cleaning use.
6. Don't forget to compost the citrus peels!
This is an effective multi-purpose, non-toxic cleaner. I use it for cleaning kitchen and bathroom surfaces (excluding marble), deodorising soft furnishings like rugs or curtains, cleaning mirrors and glass, and even deterring my counter-surfing cats from benchtops.
I would only specifically not use this cleaner to clean litter trays (because you clearly want your cats to go there!) Pro Tip:
Label your jar with a " Ready Date" for 2-3 weeks time to save guesswork.
#earthhour #reuse #sustainable #zerowaste #lowwaste #nontoxic #compost #diy #citruslight #simplelife